Want to know one of my favorite parts of getting through the first quarter of the year?
Starting Q2, a.k.a. my favorite quarter (yep, I have a favorite!).
I’m taking Q2 to dream about what’s next our my business, finish our new website (I can’t wait for this!), and plan for our busy Q4. To kick things off, I masterminded with some of the most brilliant entrepreneurs I’ve met, took in a gorgeous sunset here in Santa Monica, and had some fun floating around on a flamingo.
You will know if you have a copy of my planner Conquer Your Year that I slice my year into 12-week sprints, with a week of reflection, transition, planning, and (often) rest and downtime in between. It’s one of the “secrets” to how I can squeeze so much out of life and get so much done in a year.
Planning is about making the most of the precious time you have here, and focusing on what matters to you. It’s about eliminating the things that don’t serve you, that waste your time, and that you do out of obligation or guilt. Planning is not about filling every moment of your time and being chained by a rigid process and structure. Who wants that?!
Planning should simply be about clarity and discernment, because that leads to… your freedom.
Planning for a new quarter or sprint starts with asking yourself the right questions, and I’m going to share mine with you today.
It’s important to take time to reflect, and do some deep inquiry to re-evaluate where you are now in your business, and move into a space of deeper awareness.
That’s why question-asking should be a ritual that you complete each quarter (versus only asking yourself these questions for the new year, which many people do) — and why I’m thrilled to share with you my personal list of questions that I explore every 3 months.
You can go through this deep-dive question exercise by yourself of course, but it’s even better to make it a ritual with your significant other, family, or close friends.
At the mastermind dinner I was at a few days ago, we spent most of the meal excitedly discussing what we want to create, and what’s most important to us heading into Q2.
It’s a beautiful thing when we share our deepest desires and our challenges with others — so as you work through these questions, consider sharing your answers with a friend, family member, colleague, or partner.
Now, without further ado… here are the questions to reflect on the last quarter, and tune into what you want over the next 3 months!
(And of course I welcome you to post your answers in the comments below. I’d love to hear them!)
1. What did you do that you said you were going to do?
2. What didn’t you do that you said you were going to do?
3. What new things did you try and what new experiences did you have?
4. What made you laugh and brought you the most joy?
5. What was your biggest struggle or challenge?
6. In what situations and areas of your life did you show up fully? Fully = present, in integrity, as love, all-in and playing all-out.
7. In what situations and areas of your life did you not show up fully?
8. What fears came up for you and what patterns did you notice in your behavior? Examining our patterns and fears is one of the reasons why I love doing this whole ritual with someone else, someone who helps us see things we may not see so we can gain that awareness. You just have to make sure it’s someone who can hold that space with love and without judgment.
9. Where are you withholding love, forgiveness, compassion? (Remember, you are only withholding these from yourself so set yourself free before you dive into this new chapter.)
10. What are the 1-2 goals you want to achieve over the next twelve weeks? (Yes, 1-2. Focus is powerful.)
11. If you have my Conquer Your Year Planner (it’s not dated and on sale on Amazon right now if you want to grab a copy), you’ll know that I also get readers to set goals outside their businesses. Here are a few things to reflect on that are NOT business-related:
- What’s a new habit you will incorporate?
- What new thing do you want to learn?
- How will you give back and help others?
- How will you improve your health this quarter?
- What adventure will you go on?
- How will you improve your relationships?
12. It’s June 30th, 2017. We’re heading into the awesome summer months. (Except if you’re one of my Australian readers and in that case, winter is coming. ;) ) What is your life going to look like and feel like on that day? How will you have showed up for the quarter? Close your eyes and really feel into what you desire for your life.
Then my darling… surrender, and trust the timing of things.
And don’t forget: Always leave space for magic.
In Q1, I had an experience I wasn’t seeking that cracked me open in a way I didn’t expect. Now this Q2 inventory looks slightly different for me than I thought it would.
Leave space for magic. Let the Universe surprise you. That’s part of the fullness and richness of life.
❤️ ❤️ ❤️
I’ll be spending most of the next month in total vision-building mode for our new website and our new brand look and feel. Stay tuned to my emails to get a behind the scenes look at the process.